The first three Saturday’s in December are an exciting time to head to Downtown Topeka and pick up a holiday gift during WinterFest!
It all starts at 10 AM on December 1st as you can visit with the man in the red suit at select shops downtown. There will also be an opportunity to take a picture in a sleigh that is being led by a live reindeer for only $5. You can also go on a carriage ride around Downtown Topeka. If the weather is cold, then you can enjoy some hot chili during the cook-off. 10:30 AM will also be the time to see the Kansas Ballet special performance. Some of the events will also take place on December 8th and 15th.
According to the WinterFest Website, here are some of the things you can also do:
- Ice Sculptures
- Holiday Crafts
- 12 Days of Christmas displays
- Discounts and specialty items at area shops
- Horse and carriage rides for $3 per person, at 7th and S. Kansas, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- $5 selfie photos with the reindeer at 8th and Kansas, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Ugly Sweater Contest at Leaping Llamas
- Hand printed greeting cards at Leaping Llamas
- Write letters to Santa at Classic Bean, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Don’t forget to give your letter to Santa!)
This should be a great time and a chance to support local businesses in Topeka.