Let the competition begin! Two insurance agencies will go head to head to compete to see who can raise the most donations for Project Topeka 2019. On one side there is Jamie Hornbaker, who will be representing State Farm Insurance agency of Topeka and she is also the chair of the 2019 Community Food Drive. She challenged Derrick Hodam, who will be representing Farm Bureau Financial Services of Topeka. Both insurance agents will need your help in order to raise awareness and gather as many donations as they can for their team for Project Topeka 2019.
Project Topeka has been helping to feed the hungry of Topeka, Kansas for 33 years. According to the website:
“Project Topeka Community Food Drive has grown to collect the equivalent of nearly 200 tons of food annually for distribution through seven local food banks.”
With your help, we can continue to make that number grow and help to provide food to people in need in our local community.
Also from the website, here are 10 reasons why you should donate:
10. Food is necessary for sustaining life.
9. One donation helps seven local not-for-profits feed families in need.
8. You know exactly where your donation is going—Topeka and Shawnee County.
7. Monetary donations provide funds to buy meat and other perishables as needed.
6. Through bulk purchasing, donations provide more food for the dollar.
5. Recipients of food are tracked so the agencies know they aren’t abusing the system.
4. Each dollar donated provides more than 1.5 pounds of food for the hungry.
3. Hunger is a growing problem, especially among the elderly and children.
2. 100% of your donation goes to providing food.
1. DONATIONS STAY IN THE TOPEKA COMMUNITY!
You will not want to miss out on this friendly competition because not only does it help to feed people in need, but you get an opportunity to give back to your community! Jamie and Derrick even put together a video that you can check out to get you motivated and ready to donate for Project Topeka 2019! Click here for the video and to learn more about the competition.
To learn more about Project Topeka and to donate go to the Project Topeka website.